3. St Ann's Old Schoolhouse

The first school building was completed in December 1840 paid for by local subscriptions following an appeal by the vicar of St Ann's Church. It consisted of two classrooms - one for the boys and one for the girls. By 1846 there were 128 children aged from 6 years up to 16 years on the register.

Back to the map.