4. St Ann's Church

Until the beginning of the 19th century, members of the Church of England who lived in Rainhill had to travel to Prescot or Farnworth to attend services. Funds were raised for a church in Rainhill, and the original building constructed of local sandstone was completed in 1838. There was a spire above the tower, but this had to be taken down in 1940 when it became unsafe.

Back to the map.