5. St James's Church

Like the Anglicans, Methodist residents of Rainhill had to travel outside the village to worship - the nearest Wesleyan Methodist churches being at Prescot and Nutgrove. In February 1860, the site for St James's Church was acquired and the foundation stone laid. By the end of June that year, the church was opened for worship.

Back to the map.